Do the words, “Employee Recognition” make you start to see dollar signs? Is it followed by thoughts of whether the investment in recognizing employees is worth the time and money? If so, you’re not alone. Employee recognition is one of those human resources things that we know we should do, but often don’t. I’m not judging. Sometimes the demands of just getting through the day and servicing your clients makes it hard to think about doing stuff like employee recognition. If it’s not time, then there is the money factor. This is expensive right? Well it depends on how you choose to incorporate employee recognition into your business. But a simple, fast and inexpensive way to recognize employees in your small business is by using your words.
Have doubts that a few words of appreciation will make a difference or as big of a difference as big dollar options? Well,according to a Career Builder survey, 40% of employee say they would not go over and beyond in their work performance if their employers did not recognize their contributions. So it’s time to speak up.
In this blog post I’m sharing some employee recognition phrases. Sometimes it can be hard to know where to start or what to say, so these will get you started. Just remember to make these your own and use them in a way that makes sense for you and your employees.
1. You did an amazing job on that.
2. You always have the best ideas.
3. We would not have gotten that done without you.
4. I appreciate you volunteering to work more hours.
5. It’s been so busy the past few days and you’ve been such a huge help to me.
6.You have a great work ethic.
7. Your can do attitude really motivates everyone who works with you.
8. You’re an employee I can count on to do the right thing.
9. Thank you for always stepping up.
11. You’re an awesome part of our team.
12. You really take pride in your work and that means a lot.
13. Is there something that you’re not good at? I don’t think that there is.
14. I can always trust you to do a good job.
15. If I want something done right, I know to ask you to do it.
16. Thank you for coming to work everyday on time.
17. You’re such a positive person and that really gives everyone a boost.
18. Thank you for taking initiative.
19. You’re the company Google search. I appreciate you learning about our business/industry and teaching your co-workers.
20. You’re such a good example of leadership for your team. Thank you for that.
21. If I could clone you I would!
22. Your attention to detail is impressive.
23. How do you get everything that you do around around here done? You’re a life-saver.
24.You always go over and beyond.
25.Obstacles never get in your way. You find a way to get things done.
26. You have such patience with new employees. I appreciate you teaching them the right way to do things.
27. Keep up the good work!
28. You always find a way to give me bragging rights! Just amazing.
29. How in the world did you do that? So impressive.
Now that you have the list, how will use these employee recognition phrases? If you try any of these out, let me know how they brightened up your employees day or improved moral!
TIME OFF REQUEST FORM
NEW HIRE CHECKLIST
INTERVIEW PLANNING WORKBOOK