As we celebrate the contributions that Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. made to our country's civil rights movement, we can also learn many lessons from him as a leader. As a leader, Martin Luther King, motivated people of all nationalities to contribute their best efforts the their lives and country. He also encouraged them to rise to their highest moral, ethical and performance standards to realize their best selves while helping others.
In his speeches, we can find golden nuggets of wisdom to motivate our employees and find encouragement to keep moving forward in our businesses even when things get hard. While there are so many quotes from Martin Luther King Jr. that we can study and learn from, there are ten that I feel are of significant importance to small business owners and have impacted my leadership personally as a small business owner.
Ten MLK Quotes for Small Business Owners......
1.The time is always right to do the right thing.
2. If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.
3.We are prone to judge success by the index of our salaries or the size of our automobiles rather than by the quality of our service and relationship to mankind.
4. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly. I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality.
5. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”
6. We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.
7. You are not only responsible for what you say, but also for what you do not say.
8. If you can't fly, run. If you can't run, walk. If you can't walk, crawl. But by all means, keep moving.
9. Don't allow anybody to make you feel that you're nobody.
10. Nothing worthwhile is gained without sacrifice.
Do you have a Martin Luther King, Jr. quote that has helped you become a better leader, impacted the way you run your business or that has significant meaning to you? If so, share it with me in the comments below.
TIME OFF REQUEST FORM
NEW HIRE CHECKLIST
INTERVIEW PLANNING WORKBOOK